Developing optimal treatment plans for patients with type 2 diabetes
In the last decade, type 2 diabetes treatments have evolved and improved tremendously. This webinar will provide an overview of the different classes of diabetes medications, with a detailed discussion of oral and non-insulin injectable medications. In this webinar, you will:
- Learn how type 2 diabetes medications work.
- Learn the pros and cons of the available medications.
- Learn how to integrate each medication into an effective treatment strategy for your patients.
To register for this event, please click here.
For more information, email Courtney Banks-Turner at Courtney.Banks-Turner@la.gov.
The Brief Tobacco Intervention Online Training
Did you know? Tobacco quit rates increase when health care providers consistently identify and treat tobacco use. Cessation advice from healthcare providers is effective and should be offered to every patient. Learn how you can make tobacco use screening and cessation service referral a standard of care among your healthcare team. In this online training, you will:
- Learn three simple steps that help you effectively talk to your patients about tobacco in less than three minutes.
- Learn about effective, evidence-based cessation treatments available in Louisiana - including individual, group and telephone counseling, and seven FDA approved medications.
- Learn about Medicaid cessation benefits here.
- Earn continuing education units in less than an hour!
Email Kristen Hernandez at Kristen.Hernandez@la.gov to be notified when this training becomes available.