About Well-Ahead Louisiana
Learn About Well-Ahead Louisiana
Our health affects every aspect of life in our communities, from educational achievement to employee productivity, to safety and crime, life expectancy—even happiness. That’s why Well-Ahead Louisiana’s vision is to reduce the burden of chronic disease and assure access to quality healthcare for all Louisiana residents.
Our Mission: Connect Louisiana Communities to a Healthier Future
Well-Ahead drives collaboration throughout the state and connects communities to tools and resources that can improve the health of our residents where they live, work, learn, play and pray.
Partnering with Louisiana Leaders
We work alongside leaders at key organizations across the state—child care centers, colleges and universities, faith-based organizations, healthcare facilities, restaurants, schools and worksites—helping them to create environments in which everyone can be healthy.
We believe that everyone has a role to play in connecting Louisiana communities to a healthier future. We are committed to educating and empowering leaders across the state with actionable steps to move Louisiana’s health forward.
Together, we can bring about meaningful change. And when we do, our children will be able to enjoy our favorite things even longer.
- American Lung Association
- Central Louisiana Area Health Education Center
- Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance
- Children's Bureau of New Orleans
- Department of Education - CACFP
- Department of Education - Nutrition Services
- Department of Education - Physical Education
- East Baton Rouge Health Centers in School
- Ochsner Eat Fit
- Louisiana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Louisiana Association of Principals
- Louisiana Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Louisiana Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
- Louisiana Farm to School
- Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum
- Louisiana Housing Council
- Louisiana Primary Care Association
- Louisiana Public Health Institute - School Health Connection
- Louisiana Public Health Institute – Tobacco Free Living
- Louisiana Restaurant Association
- Louisiana State University Ag Center
- Southeast Dairy Association
- Southeast Louisiana Area Health Education Center
- Southern University Ag Center
- Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center
- The Healthy School Food Collaborative
- Tulane Prevention Research Center