St. Francis Tobacco Cessation is located at the St. Francis Community Health Center at 2600 Tower Drive in Monroe
For those who had their first experience with a cigarette before September 1, 1988 and are a resident of Louisiana, our program will refer to the Smoking Cessation Trust which will pay for cessation couseling and nicotine replacement therapy. Our program will take care of the paperwork and manage your benefits.
The program’s hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. If you have questions about the program for yourself or a family member, call (318) 966-QUIT.
What is the Tobacco Cessation Program?
– Intake appointment with a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist (CTTS)
– Reviewing your medical history, medications and past attempts to quit
– Consulting with our nurse practitioner or your physician to figure out what nicotine replacement therapy is right for you
– Educating you about tobacco addiction
– Creating a plan
– Support sessions
– Classes offered over a six to eight week period
– Carbon monoxide monitoring at each session
– Follow-up reassessments for one year
The program accepts most insurances, medicaid, or medicare and will work out payment plan with individuals that have no coverage.