Category: Diabetes Prevention and Management
Address: 8490 Picardy Avenue, Suite 600-D, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
The National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) works to make it easier for people with prediabetes to participate in affordable, high-quality lifestyle change programs to reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes and improve their overall health. Through the National DPP, you will have access to group classes facilitated by a trained lifestyle coach throughout the course of 12 months. A key part of the National DPP is to learn and make lasting lifestyle changes, like eating healthier, adding physical activity into their daily routine, and improving coping skills.
To be eligible for a CDC-recognized lifestyle change program, you must meet ALL of the following criteria.
- Be 18 years or older
- Be overweight (body mass index above 24, or 22 if you are Asian)
- Have NOT been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- NOT be pregnant
In addition, you must meet ONE of the following criteria.
- Have had a recent blood test in the prediabetes range, which includes one of the following tests and results:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7–6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL
- Have received a result of high risk for type 2 diabetes on the Prediabetes Risk Test
- A doctor previously diagnosed you with gestational diabetes
More Information: 225-819-1175
Baton Rouge General Health and Wellness Center
8490 Picardy Avenue, Suite 600-D, Baton Rouge, LA 70809