Category: Stress Management and Mental Health
Address: 1640 South Columbia Street, Bogalusa, LA 70427
Beacon Behavioral Hospital-Outpatient is Louisiana’s premier full-service Mental Health Program. Our highly-trained, caring therapy staff provides comprehensive and confidential treatment to those suffering from depression and other mood disorders, changes in behavior, psychosis and major declines in functioning. The IOP can also assist with adults that have a substance use issue that may be caused by their mental health condition.
Treatment at this level of care is a structured, therapeutic environment that will incorporate cognitive-behavioral therapy, psychoeducation, psychodrama, solution-based therapy, and techniques related to dialectical behavioral therapy. Each client will also participate in individual medication management sessions with our psychiatrist and/or psychiatric nurse practitioner while enrolled in the Intensive Outpatient Program.
- Ages 18 years and older
- Program is 3-5 days a week; including 3 therapeutic group sessions each day
- Complete Psychiatric Assessment
- Medication Management
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Lunch and light snacks provided
- Transportation assistance available
- Free confidential pre-admission assessment
- Approved by most major insurances, Amerihealth Caritas, and Medicare
Co-occuring Programming at Intensive Outpatient Program:
At times, patients may have a substance abuse or dependence diagnosis along with a mental health diagnosis. They may have self-medicated their symptoms with alcohol or drugs, making it difficult to determine if the addiction or mental health issue presented itself first. We refer to this as a co-occurring condition.
An untreated mental health condition will make a person more vulnerable to substance abuse. Likewise, relapse will worsen a mental health condition. Our co-occurring treatment team includes psychiatrists and knowledgeable counseling staff who can help patients manage their mental health and substance abuse simultaneously.
Our Intensive Outpatient Program can address co-occurring issues in a comfortable, supportive setting with a focus on the following:
- Attainment of cognitive and behavioral skills needed to manage symptoms and to develop new social supports
- Identification of behavior and attitude changes necessary to achieve and maintain successful recovery, including how to effectively manage relapse
- Education of participants regarding the factors that may have led to the episode
- Drug and alcohol education
Contact: Jennifer Kiefer