Category: Stress Management and Mental Health
Address: 2645 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70119
Across Southeast Louisiana, many people need help finding available resources such as housing, food, mental health services, health care, suicide prevention and more. VIA LINK provides this help.
At VIA LINK, we give people a place to turn.
By calling 2-1-1 (the number designated by the Federal Communications Commission), you can connect with VIA LINK counselors who can help with many health and human services needs including:
- Mental Health Care/Counseling
- Public Assistance
- Individual/Family Life Needs
- Criminal Justice/Legal Services
- Consumer Education/Protection
- Employment Services
- Disaster Services
- Utility/Rental Assistance
The Call Center counselors are on-duty 24 hours a day including holidays to provide crisis counseling and information and referrals to programs in the St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Orleans, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, Lafourche, Tangipahoa, St. Tammany and Washington parishes.
211 also offers support for:
- Suicide Prevention and Crisis Events
- Dial 1-800-273-TALK, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL).
- Text 504-777-EASE (3273) to reach our Crisis Teen Textline
- Resource Guide
- Homeless Management Information System
- Community Training
- PREA Hotline
- Disaster Related Services