Louisiana Healthy Schools
A Partnership of Well-Ahead Louisiana and the Louisiana Department of Education
Healthy students have improved learning outcomes. Well-Ahead and the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) work together through Louisiana Healthy Schools to ensure that all public school students have access to a healthy school environment. With federal funding, we work to improve student health and academic achievement through nutrition, physical activity and the management of chronic health conditions, so students stay healthy and ready to learn.
Louisiana Healthy Schools helps create healthier communities and school districts across Louisiana by:
- Strengthening statewide infrastructure through School Health Councils
- Providing professional development events, courses and resources
- Linking local educational agencies with the funding and technical assistance they need to improve student health
- Collaborating with community organizations to complement and strengthen their work
- Gathering data for informed decision-making and the development of evidence-based strategies
Together, Well-Ahead and LDOE can ensure that all students in Louisiana have access to a healthy school environment where they can learn and succeed.