Secondhand Smoke Resources
- American Nonsmokers’ Right Foundation complied the Bridging the Gap Report that shares information on the importance of smoke-free policies, current smoke-free protections and which populations are least likely to be protected.
- The Louisiana Smoke-Free Air Act prohibits smoking in most public places and workplaces, including all restaurants with or without attached bars.
- The Louisiana Tobacco-Free K-12 Schools Act prohibits use of all tobacco products on all K-12 school property, including buses.
- The Louisiana Act 211 Smoke-free Policies for Colleges and Universities Statewide prohibits smoking on public post-secondary education campuses.
Public Housing Resources
- Smoke-Free Public Housing Guide is for housing agency directors and property managers on the Geaux Smoke-Free Housing Process.
- The HUD Smoke-Free Housing Guidebook provides a roadmap to public housing agencies for adopting, implementing, and maintaining smoke-free housing policies.
- CDC Healthy Homes Information highlights the dangers of secondhand smoke exposure in homes and provides resources for smoking cessation and secondhand smoke prevention.
- HUD Smoke-Free Public Housing is a document on the smoke-free public housing rule.
1 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smoking & Tobacco Use. Secondhand Smoke Facts. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/general_facts/index.htm