Tobacco Quit Resources for Louisiana Residents
When someone you care about is thinking of quitting, you want to help support them on their journey. As a family member, friend, coworker, physician or even community organization, you can help by sharing quit resources available to help Louisiana residents quit for good.
Connect Your Community to Quit With Us, Louisiana!
The first step in a tobacco-free future is sharing quit resources with your community. Quit With Us, Louisiana is a resource all residents in our state can use for support in their journey to a tobacco-free life. Quit With Us, Louisiana connects residents to the Louisiana Tobacco Quitline, 1-800-QUIT-NOW, as well as online and community resources. Quit With Us, Louisiana has many online resources for those ready to quit tobacco and educational materials to learn more about how tobacco effects our residents.
The Quitline is a 24-hour, confidential, free tobacco cessation helpline that links people via telephone, web and text with trained tobacco cessation specialists who help create an individualized plan to quit. The Quitline incorporates evidence-based strategies for tobacco cessation for all Louisiana residents ages 13 and over.
Free Quitline Services Include:
- Telephone Tobacco Quit Coaching
- 1-call program for all callers
- 5-call program for callers ready to quit within 30 days
- 10-call program for pregnant women and youth
- Web Coach® with text message support
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
- 2-week supply of patches or gum for eligible callers
- Printed educational materials
- Referral to additional community resources
Your Organization Can Geaux Tobacco-Free!
As an organization, you can make a huge impact in the lives of your employees, customers and communities by implementing healthy changes that support tobacco-free living.
- Promote the Tobacco Quitline
- Implement a Tobacco-Free Policy
- Provide Tobacco Cessation Coverage within Employee Health Plan
- Share Community Resources