Monthly Educational Webinars for Louisiana Healthcare Providers
Many of our Provider Education Network education programs are conducted through webinars, with some offering in-person workshops. Available webinars include topics such as the Brief Tobacco Intervention, Emergency Preparedness, Population Health Analytics, Team-Based Care and more. In-person workshops include our Rural Health Workshops aimed at helping providers expand healthcare access into underserved populations of our state. Provider partners can learn more about the continuing education programs available through social media, email communication, and our calendar.
Join us for a special edition on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a Facility Fire Tabletop Exercise presented by Nicole Coarsey, Well-Ahead’s Division Manager for Healthcare Access.
Wednesday Webinar Recordings
August 18, 2021
- The importance of Adolescent COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination in Schools
- The current state of Adolescent COVID-19 Vaccination Efforts in Louisiana
- Strategies to address COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy and build vaccine confidence
- Information about the Louisiana Department of Health’s Safer, Smarter Schools PreK-12 Testing Program
- How to help get the school year off to a heathy start as a healthcare provider
May 19, 2021
- Describe common roles for Community Health Workers in clinical and non-clinical settings
- List three ways Community Health Workers responded to the COVID-19 pandemic in Louisiana.
- Describe methods Louisiana partners are using to increase the use of and support for the Louisiana Community Health Worker workforce
March 31, 2021
- Discuss the disease of obesity and its direct and indirect cost to our system
- Evaluate the clinical and economic benefits of weight loss
- Barriers to efficient management of obesity and what are the implications of weight loss interventions on overall weight loss
March 10, 2021
- Ways to promote Health Equity with Electronic Health Records
- What are evidence-based practices
- What resources are available for implementing heart disease-related evidence-based practices?
- What is Team-based Care and why is it important?
- The importance of referring patients to lifestyle change programs and tips for linking to community resources amid the Pandemic
January 27, 2021
- An overview of DSMES structure, requirements and benefits.
- Ways in which RHCs and FQHCs can provide their patients access to DSMES via Telehealth.
- How DSMES via Telehealth differs from DSMES in-person.
- Billing requirements for DSMES via Telehealth.
- An overview of the partnership opportunity for Well-Ahead’s DSMES via Telehealth project.
December 9, 2020
- Explore innovative Fax-To-Quit approaches to effectively screen, advise and refer patients to the Louisiana Tobacco Quitline.
- Integrate the Fax-To-Quit program within your healthcare setting.
- Identify comprehensive cessation coverage guidelines and available Medicaid and Medicare CPT codes.
- Leverage tobacco cessation resources available to healthcare providers in Louisiana.
October 31, 2020
Presentation recording is unavailable.
- Understand current quality measurement purpose and limitations
- Understand and overcome the natural data pushback around measurement
- Identify with a new trusted measurement philosophy
- Learn how to measure patient data to improve population health
September 30, 2020
Presentation slides are unavailable.
Presentation recoding is unavailable.
- What prevents clients from making healthy changes
- Why motivational interviewing works to help elicit change
- Tips to help implement motivational interviewing
July 22, 2020
- Understand the NCQA PCMH 2020 Annual Reporting requirements and recognition concepts, criteria and competencies
- Understand the evidence of implementation and document review process
- Leverage the checklist to ensure all annual reporting requirements are met
- Understand the timeline of major milestones and tasks to ensure successful annual reporting
- Understand gap assessments to assist in developing plan of action for recognition
April 15, 2020
- Review laws and regulations around the provision of MTM services
- Present the MTM Core Elements delivery model
- Discuss potential best practices for MTM implementation in community pharmacy settings
- Provide alternative methods for delivering MTM services
February 19, 2020
Presentation recording is unavailable.
- Prevalence rates of prediabetes and diabetes
- Plans for diabetes prevention in Louisiana
- Benefits of the National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Screening, testing, and referral processes for diabetes
- Explore innovative approaches to effectively screen, advise, and refer patients to available cessation resources
- Leverage the Million Hearts Tobacco Cessation as a standard of practice within your healthcare facility
- Identify cessation resources available to providers and patients in Louisiana
November 20, 2019
- When you should refer to a DSMES program
- How to refer to an ADA-recognized DSMES
- The requirements of ADA-recognized DSMES program
- How ADA-recognized DSMES programs meet and maintain recognition
- Define Medication Therapy Management (MTM) and its components
- Identify financial opportunities to sustain your MTM service
- Discuss strategies to promote your MTM services
- List business, clinical, quality improvement, and other MTM resources